The best spaghetti bolognese sauce should include fresh garlic, onion, fresh tomatoes and a generous spoonful of Black Garlic Puree for extra depth of flavour and that special something.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves white garlic, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 400g can tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 beef stock cube (follow cube directions, or use liquid stock)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp Black Garlic Puree
- salt and pepper
- 250g spaghetti, cooked
- parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat the oil in a large frypan. Add onion and white garlic and cook for a few minutes till soft.
2. Stir in meat and brown it quickly.
3. Add tomato paste and herbs. Stir, then add the canned tomatoes.
4. Add the stock cube and 1 cup of water.
5. Add the fresh tomatoes and stir through. Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer, and leave to simmer for at least 10 minutes. (Add more water if you want to simmer it for longer.)
6. Stir through the Black Garlic Puree in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over hot pasta garnished with parmesan cheese. Buon appetito!