Quesadillas are a quick and healthy meal, and this vegetarian quesadilla recipe with Black Garlic Essence is very, very more-ish. This recipe is courtesy of Black Garlic superfan Manuela.
Replace the jackfruit with chicken if you prefer.
You will find the main quesadilla recipe below. Included here as a bonus is a spicy tomato sauce that makes a great accompaniment together with guacamole and black garlic sour cream.
Tomato Sauce for Quesadillas
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 3x tomatoes (ripe and sliced into cubes)
• 2x chili peppers (chipotle)
• 2x garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
• coriander (chopped)
1. Add the oil to a frypan on medium heat. Sauté the tomatoes, chili peppers and garlic for about 5-7min.
2. Add the ingredients to a food processor with coriander and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth. Enjoy as a topping on your quesadillas.