This easy pesto recipe uses hazelnuts which are usually cheaper than pine nuts. The Black Garlic Puree adds a delightful twist that makes it quite moreish.
- 100g hazelnuts (roasted and skinless is best)
- 20g basil
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 clove regular white garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of Black Garlic Puree
1. Add all of the ingredients to a small food processor.
2. Pulse for a few seconds at a time until all of the ingredients are blended. Use a spatula to scrape the sides down as needed.
Enjoy on a sandwich, a cheeseboard, through pasta or a salad, or try it as a rub or crust on meat or fish.
The pesto will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, or pop it into the freezer for later. An ice cube tray will work well.