We recommend using 100% Black Garlic Essence for this super easy + delicious asparagus recipe.
Prep the fresh asparagus by removing the hard woody base of the stems. Easiest way to do this is to grasp at the end of the stem and bend firmly - it will break where it needs to - above the woody bit!
Bunch of fresh asparagus
2 tsps Black Garlic Essence
1 tsp olive oil
2-3 tbsps finely diced spring onions or 1 clove crushed garlic
2-3 tsps lemon zest and a squeeze of juice (optional) Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Lightly coat the asparagus in olive oil. Lie in a pan for roasting. Put on baking paper for easy clean up.
3. Cover with the diced spring onions or fresh crushed garlic, bit of lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
4. Put into the preheated oven for 10-15 mins at 200C, until tender (not too soft).
5. Remove and drizzle 100% Black Garlic Essence across it. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese across too, if desired.
Delicious as a side dish for any meal.